Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PointsPlus Program

I was wondering if anybody else that is on Weight Watchers was slightly confused on the new PointsPlus program? I know I haven't gone to meetings, it's all been online, so maybe you guys know something I don't...

I've held up two exact same boxes of pasta, one white, and one wheat, and they are the exact same amount of points. With the new system, the amount of fiber that is in the wheat pasta somehow weighs out the carbs that are in the white pasta. We don't get rewarded for fiber anymore??? I'll buy the light yogurt that was 2 points before, but now its three. The LIGHT yogurt is three points.

I guess my trouble is, I'm trying to find carbs like sandwich bread or granola bars that are low in points for lunches but the high fiber or wheat options take up just as many points as their 'less-healthy' counterparts. Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. Katelin, it is a bit confusing. The new program stresses fiber because it is a "filling" food and not necessarily lower in points, although sometimes it is. The new program is pushing for healthy protiens and fewer carbs in your diet. The best choice you can make for bread is Light Bread with high fiber. At least you can have two slices for the price of one.

    ReplyDelete